Laconian Legacy Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil , New Harvest, 100 % Athinolia Olives , High Phenolic , Gold Medal, 500ml
- ACCOLADES 2022- Laconian Legacy just received a gold medal for "Best Olive Oil 2022" at the New York City International Olive Oil Competition 2022, the worlds largest and most prestigious olive oil quality competition. Gold medal 2 years in a row for this prized award. Gold at The Olympia -Athens, Greece for health and nutrition. This oil is 4 times higher than the EU standard to be considered a high polyphenol EVOO. And this summer at the Canadian International Olive Oil Competition. These praises are for the vintage we are currently shipping.
- 100%GREEK EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL harvested October 2021 by hand from our family Groves near Sparta in Greece, cold pressed within 6-8 hours of harvest, Peppery and Aromatic. New style cap "Easy Off , Easy On" with built in Pourer.
- MONOVARIETY - 100% Athinolia Olives. Athinolia is a unique variety which is native in Laconia near Sparta, Peloponnese region in south Greece. Estate grown on our family groves dating back to ancient times, hand-picked in early October for the freshest flavor and aromas, Very low Acidity < 0.20%, Early Harvest, Cold Extraction
- PROTECTED GEOGRAPHICAL INDICATION. A must for a sophisticated gourmet or anyone living the "Mediterranean Diet". Laconia is well known since ancient times for the high quality of olive oil and is recognized as Protected Geographical Indication.
- AWARDS – Winner of Gold medal at Olympia Awards regarding Health and nutrition (high phenolic EVOO - 6 years in a row, Silver Medal 2021 Japan Olive Oil Prize for Flavor, 2021 Gold Medal "World's Best Olive Oils for 2021-New York City"… featured on the PBS TV series "The Cooking Odyssey"
- HEALTH BENEFITS – Our Extra Virgin Olive oil is full of antioxidants with > 1000 mg/kg of total Polyphenols (see complete analysis in Product Photos) such as Olecanthal, Oleacein, Oleuropein, a powerhouse of nutrition. 500ml dark bottle to protect the olive oil, deluxe cap and convenient pourer.